If you're experiencing issues uploading your script to DevKing, our script management platform, it's going to speed up the process for all parties if you ensure you've followed these basic troubleshooting steps first:
- Completely clear your internet cache. Check out these YouTube tutorials on how to clear your internet cache. Potentially restart your internet browser and computer. This is the most important of the troubleshooting steps.
- The preferred browser is Chrome, but DK works with all major browsers.
- Open DevKing in an incognito or private browsing window (after clearing the cache). Check out YouTube again for how to open an incognito browser.
- Shorten the actual title of the PDF document you're trying to upload, and remove any unorthodox characters (ie. ! & * $)
- Ensure that the character limits for both the "Logline" and "Notes for Reader" sections are well below the clearly stated limits
- Shorten the title of your script if it's of ETERNAL SUNSHINE...proportions
- Ensure you've typed only numbers in the page count and fees paid sections.
- Don't try and access DevKing on mobile, or iPad or tablet as it is not mobile compatible at this time.
- Triple and quadruple check that every single section of the upload form has been completed and is correct/has been addressed (note, all fields are compulsory)
Below is a list of the most common mistakes our clients make when submitting material via our DevKing platform.
- Completing the submission form twice (avoid at all costs, guaranteed delays!)
- Uploading the wrong PDF
- Uploading the correct script, but the wrong draft
- Failing to check your junk mail/promotions folders when doing a password reset...just failing to check junk mail generally!
- Uploading a PDF...when you've bought Script Proofing (we can only proof and polish Final Draft documents)
- Submitting a script longer than industry norms...then not paying for the extra pages
- Trying to edit an entry by uploading a new draft (once you've uploaded your script, no edits or changes are possible as the system heaves in to action)
- Paying for a certain service...but then listing your project under a completely different one in DevKing
- Making complex reader requests - you can select your reader from the drop-down menu, but it may be assigned to any of our readers, at our discretion: our system intends to mirror the main industry, where after a script is released those releasing it have little control over the taste or sensibilities of the people reading it. More here.
- Booking a script editing session, but then failing to proactively contact our script editor to schedule it (more emails to follow on this)
- Failing to follow the instructions on prepping for the script editing session
- If you've booked multiple reports for the same script in order to get different perspectives, not logging them as follows: YOUR SCRIPT TITLE (for Reader 1) then...YOUR SCRIPT TITLE (for Reader 2)
- Booking your report, then waiting ages to upload it (per our Ts and Cs, you have 14 days from the point of purchase to upload your script, or the service will be deemed to have been used)
- Listing inaccurate turnaround times
If you've completed/dodged all of the above and are still having problems, please take screenshots of the issue you're having and attach them to a fresh support ticket.
We'll then get back to you asap!